British American Tobacco: An integral part of our business strategy is to attract and retain only the very best people who can really make the difference in our vibrant business. We are committed to making this happen. New people bring fresh ideas, different approaches and individual flair. The synergy created between new and experienced managers, who know our business inside out, is one of our unique strengths.
We learn from each other, we welcome individual differences and retain a very clear sense of individual worth. We look for people who will not only excel in their jobs but also have the ability to develop further.
We however know that recruitment is a two way street, just as it is a big thing for us, we recognise that making the right career move is important for you. Our commitment to getting it right is reflected in the time, rigor and energy we invest in our recruitment process. We have found that as a truly career-minded individual, you will see the value of investing your time too, and we are determined to make the experience itself worthwhile for you.
BAT Nigeria is an equal opportunities employer. All shortlisted applicants will be considered and assessed using the same criteria and recruitment process. All interested applicants should apply for enrolment into the programme by applying through the www.batwaacareers.com website
The SMD function is looking for smart and vibrant individuals who have a flair for diverse and unusual challenges, and passion for making a real impact in an environment where standards are high, to fill the role of an OPERATOR.
These individuals will support the efficient production of cigarettes by displaying competencies in controlling, operating and monitoring cigarette manufacturing machines, within a given period, to specified quality standards, at optimum cost, in a safe and environmentally compliant manner within the Secondary Manufacturing Department.
Read on to find recent vacancy @ British American Tobacco (BAT) Nigeria:
Job Title: Operator – G29
Reference Number: NGIB/SMD/01
Reports to: Team Leader
- Use either control mechanism or direct physical activity to operate machinery and equipment to manufacture cigarettes .
- Carry out quality inspection of product at set regular interval and record findings / carrying out necessary adjustment to deliver high quality product that meet customer satisfaction
- Monitor all raw material require for cigarette manufacturing activities and ensure that the right materials are used all the time in the manufacturing of cigarettes.
- Combining the Message coming from the Machine HMI or message alert centre plus product quality observation and general machine performance, report faults and issues on the machine to the Technician in a way that will facilitate quick resolution of technical problems
- Ensures that BAT EHS guidelines are followed when manufacturing cigarettes on production machine.
- Carry out daily and weekly maintenance or planned activities according to prescribed procedures to ensure efficient machine performance.
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as prescribed in order to ensure availability of accurate operating and maintenance data.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience operating a GD121 / GDX2 /GDX3/KDF2 Machine.
- Must pass the Operational proficiency test.
- Spatial / Abstract Reasoning/ Hand-Eye Coordination.
- Very good team player, Self-driven, creative and proactive.
- Motivation (ability to motivate team members to deliver great results)
- Abiliy to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Ability to relate with colleagues and other stakeholder through effective use of oral and written communications.
- Physical abilities according to man-task specifications.
The jobholder has to operate within the following legal requirements and has a personal responsibility to adhere to:
- Factories Act of Federal Government of Nigeria
- BAT EHS Policy and guidelines.
- SMD Team – Maintain close relations with user department (SMD PMD,Engineering,QA etc)
- Job holder must possess either an O’ Level School certificate
- Trade Test certificate
- City & Guilds of London certificate or National Diploma certificate in Mechanical Engineering.
Methods of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here
Application Deadline: 24th May, 2012