Req ID: 3131
This position will report to the Zonal Manager and will be responsible for accounting and finance and overall administration for the zonal and state office and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of Nigeria’s programs/projects with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide main support with problem resolution on CO cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the state and zonal level.
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the state and zonal office, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities.
- Oversee contractual issues for the state and zonal offices.
- Ensure continuous flow of funds to state office and to sub recipients.
- Provide support to and coordinate the FHI/Nigeria activities within USAID and PEPFAR guidelines and regulations.
- With relevant parties from programs, finance and contracts and grants, develop subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the focus states and zone.
- Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the field office (as relevant).
- Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the field staff.
- Coordinate all travel details/logistics for the staff, consultants and TDyers’ including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Provide logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Coordinate all records/storage of supplies for the country office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Routine coordination with FHI employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Click here to apply