United States Mission Nigeria- Employment opportunities which are open only to currently employed Embassy local staff or the family members of Americans assigned to the U.S. Mission in Nigeria are listed on the Embassy’s internal website, available through the U.S. State Department’s OPENNET system
NO. 2012-073 DATE: AUGUST 9, 2012 REF: A52402
SUBJECT: AIRPORT EXPEDITOR
LOCATION: LAGOS – U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL
APPLICABILITY: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION TITLE: Airport Expeditor, FSN-06/FP-08
CLOSING DATE: August 22, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 48 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N2,288,563 p.a. (Starting basic salary)
POSITION GRADE: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM – US$35,753;
EFM/MOH – US$30,684, (Starting Salary) p.a.
POSITION GRADE: FP-08
The U.S. Consulate General Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Airport Expeditor in the General Services Office (GSO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Incumbent performs general expediter services for all U.S. Agencies personnel represented at post including their dependents, U.S. Grantees, TDY and VIP visitors.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at:
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required.
2. Minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible clerical work experience, jobs in nigeria which includes at least one (1) year work experience in the airport expeditor service, is required.
3. Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
4. Knowledge of Nigerian immigration rules, customs regulations and familiarity with airlines check-in procedures is required.
5. Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel packages.
6. A valid professional driver’s license is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
2. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this
position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please
reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Below is a list of Other Available jobs, click on the links for details and apply.
Closing Date: August 24, 2012
Position: Administrative Assistant – Abuja (PDF 72KB)
Closing Date: August 22, 2012
Position: Airport Expeditor – Lagos (PDF 126KB)
Closing Date: August 20, 2012
Position: Shipping Clerk – Abuja (PDF 73KB)
Closing Date: August 20, 2012
Position: Mechanical Engineer – Abuja (PDF 73KB)
Closing Date: August 17, 2012
Position: Administrative/Transport Clerk (PDF 74KB)
Closing Date: August 9, 2012
Position: Expeditor – Abuja (PDF 126KB)
Good Luck all.